The Client is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven department, seeking an experienced ServiceNow ITOM Developer with a strong background in Service Mapping, Software Asset Management, Event Management, Cloud Orchestration, and Operational Intelligence to join an established ServiceNow implementation team.
This ServiceNow team currently supports a federal client in the Washington, DC Metro Area providing Agile delivery with a high focus on applying ServiceNow best practices to enable data governance strategy and maximize the reuse of common data elements to maintain high data quality.
- 5+ years experience developing on the ServiceNow platform
- Understanding of network OSI layers, protocols and ports, network topologies, types, and technologies
- Understanding web service connections and packet delivery protocols including HTTP, TCP, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP, SOAP, and REST
- Understanding of concepts and characteristics of routing and switching (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
- Ability to script, parse and interpret files/scripts using XML, JSON, RegEx, delimiters
- Ability to discuss credentials, credential access, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and troubleshoot network connectivity with network engineers
- Knowledge of Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, and Virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware)
- Candidates should be experienced in some or all of the following ITOM applications: Service Mapping, Event Management, SAM, Cloud Orchestration, Operational Intelligence, and Orchestration.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) required
- Excellent communication skills
- US Citizenship; must be eligible for Public Trust Clearance
- ITOM developer experience in some or all ITOM application areas (Service Mapping, SAM, Event Management, Cloud Orchestration, Operational Intelligence, Orchestration)
- Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills including OS PowerShell and Bash scripting and config file interpretation/parsing
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) in any ITOM applications strongly desired
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- Experience supporting implementation efforts using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the management of users, groups, and roles, ACLs, business rules, workflows, UI actions, UI policies, dictionary, and catalog items Orchestration and Discovery experience a plus
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist in some or all ITOM application areas preferred
- ServiceNow Certified Developer Certification is a plus